She clearly doesn't address "spanking" with an open hand but does address spanking with foreign objects. This bill will make it illegal to spank with a rod as commanded in scripture.
Here is an excerpt from the legislation that lists the things she is trying to keep parents from using to discipline their children - some are ridiculous and some are, I believe, commanded and appropriate for use in biblical discipline.
(1) The use of an implementation, including, but not limited to,
a stick, a rod, a switch, an electrical cord, an extension cord, a
belt, a broom, or a shoe.
(2) Throwing, kicking, burning, or cutting a child.
(3) Striking a child with a closed fist.
(4) Striking a child under the age of three on the face or head.
(5) Vigorous shaking of a child under the age of three.
(6) Interference with a child’s breathing.
(7) Threatening a child with a deadly weapon.
This bill is available from the California State Legislature website: www.leginfo.ca.gov
Download the PDF file of the bill introduced February 22, 2007.
Track the bill.